NorthOne “FW 2021 Share & Earn Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE (OR AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE) AND OLDER, WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
WINNER MUST EITHER HAVE A NORTHONE DEPOSIT ACCOUNT OR QUALIFY FOR A NEW NORTHONE DEPOSIT ACCOUNT. FOR IMPORTANT DETAILS, SEE BELOW.
SPONSOR: The NorthOne “FW 2021 Share & Earn Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by NorthOne, Inc., 18 West 18th Street , New York, NY 10011 (“NorthOne” or “Sponsor”).
GENERAL: The Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state and local laws. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules. Limit ten (10) automatic entries or ten alternative method of entry per entrant for the duration of the Sweepstakes
TIMING: This Sweepstakes begins Monday, May 2nd, 2022 at 12:00 AM ET and ends Thursday, June 2nd 2022 at 11:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). All times appearing in these Official Rules are Eastern Time (ET). Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Period will be composed of this single (1) period.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all legal U.S. residents, age 18 and over. By entering, each entrant confirms they are at least 18 years of age. Individuals employed by NorthOne, Inc. (“Sponsor”), The Bancorp Bank or, their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, NorthOne Inc.’s business partners or advertising and promotion agencies (collectively “Sweepstakes Parties”) at any time during the Sweepstakes Period, and members of their immediate family (parent, child, sibling or spouse of any of the foregoing) or persons living in the same household (those living in the same household for at least three (3) of twelve (12) months preceding the Sweepstakes Period), are not eligible.
HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter for eligible entrants (“Entrants”): One (1) method of automatic entry per qualifying Entrant during the Sweepstakes Period (“Automatic Entry”); and (1) Alternate Method of Entry per Entrant during the Sweepstakes Period (“AMOE”). If an entry is received by Sponsor after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, it will not be entered in the Sweepstakes.
Conditions for Automatic Entry Method for first-time, referred NorthOne customers.
To qualify for an Automatic Entry for a first-time, referred NorthOne customer, each prospective Entrant must open a new NorthOne Deposit Account with a referral code from a current NorthOne customer, and make a qualifying deposit of at least $50.00;
Any Automatic Entry determined to have been created as a result of closing a NorthOne Deposit Account and opening a new NorthOne Deposit Account, will be disqualified.
Limit of ten (10) Automatic Entries per entrant during the entire Sweepstakes Period.
Conditions for Alternate Method of Entry:
To qualify for an AMOE, each prospective Entrant must fill out the online AMOE Form, which can be found on the following website at https://forms.gle/WKZMgQEkCuVC1hp2A.
All Entrants are limited to ten (10) AMOE per Sweepstakes Period.
HOW TO OPT-OUT: Any NorthOne customer who wishes to opt-out of participation in the Sweepstakes will be given the opportunity to do so by opting out of marketing emails in the Sweepstakes introductory email, or emailing [email protected] and requesting to opt-out of sweepstakes and all marketing materials..
HOW TO WIN:
a. SELECTION OF WINNER: At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible Automatic and AMOE Entries received during the Entry Period.
b. NOTIFICATION OF WINNING and CLAIMING PRIZE: After the Sweepstakes Period has concluded, Sponsor will send an email message from [email protected] to the potential winner on June 6th, 2022 (“Winner Notification”). Once the email message has been sent by the Sponsor, the potential winner has three (3) business days to reply. The deadline to reply and claim the Prize begins the moment Sponsor sends the Winner Notification. If the potential winner is not a NorthOne customer, they must follow the procedure set forth in Section 9 to claim the Prize.
8. PRIZES: Winner and the NorthOne referring customer will each receive a prize: one (1) one-time deposit of $2,500.00 to their NorthOne Deposit Account (“Prize”). For a customer with an open NorthOne Deposit Account, the deposit to the verified winner’s NorthOne Deposit Account will occur within ten (10) business days of the end of the respective Winner Notification day. If not a NorthOne customer when selected, the potential winner must follow the procedure set forth in Section 9 to claim the Prize. If the potential winner fails to respond or is not approved for a new NorthOne Deposit Account, the prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will randomly select another potential winner. The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all available prizes in the Sweepstake Period is $5,000.
9. IMPORTANT: To receive a Prize, the winner must be a NorthOne Deposit Account holder (“NorthOne customer”). If a potential winner is not a NorthOne customer when selected, the winner must reply within seven (7) business days of the Winner Notification being sent AND request and be approved for a new NorthOne Deposit Account during the same seven (7) business days period. If the winner fails to respond or is not approved for a new NorthOne Deposit Account, the Prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will randomly select another potential winner. The new potential winner is subject to the same Winner Notification timeline described under this section 9. There will be no cost to obtain a new NorthOne Deposit Account in this event and the winner is under no obligation to keep the NorthOne Deposit Account open after the Prize is deposited. Out-of-network cash withdrawal fees apply.
10. WINNER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Potential winners must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules in order to qualify for a Prize. Failure to respond within three (3) business days of Winner Notification being sent by NorthOne may result in disqualification, forfeiture of prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible; failure to get approved for a NorthOne Deposit Account; is not in compliance with these Official Rules; declines to accept the prize; does not comply with Sponsor’s instructions; or the Prize is returned as undeliverable, the Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Prize is forfeited, then the Prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the corresponding Entry Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize for any reason. Each Prize will only be awarded to a verified winner. Verification of potential winners will occur following the end of each Winner Notification day. Any unclaimed Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing to be held as necessary. Prize will be awarded once the potential winner responds to Sponsor with either the email address associated with their NorthOne Deposit Account, or for non-NorthOne customers, the email address to be used to request a new NorthOne Deposit Account.
a. Only prizes specified in the amounts indicated will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or equivalent. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value should a prize or any component of a prize become unavailable. Except as specifically provided herein, all applicable taxes and usage charges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Credits of $600 or more will be reported on Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax form 1099-MISC. If required by law, Sponsor or its agents shall require payment from the winner of taxes to be remitted to the appropriate taxing authorities. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of prizes awarded. Sponsor makes no representation or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded.
b. Upon deposit of the Prize to the winner’s NorthOne Deposit Account, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the Prize to the winner with the winner assuming full responsibility for the Prize.
11. LIMITATIONS ON WINNING: In addition to the one (1) Prize per Entrant limit during the entire Sweepstakes Period, there is a one (1) Prize per Entrant limit across all NorthOne sweepstakes promotions conducted between January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 calendar year(s). Note: You are not a winner of any prize until you have been verified as a winner by the Sponsor.
12. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Automatic and AMOE Entries received during the Entry Period.
13. RIGHT OF PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each Entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown, and statements made by or attributed to them, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast and Internet), for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities without additional compensation, further payment, and/or consideration.
14. MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS: All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By participating, Entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this Sweepstakes. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure compliance with all of the conditions contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, incomplete entries, or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstake, or any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sweepstake Parties are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors.
If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstake, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on the Website and/or Sponsor’s website at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor may prohibit any Entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, if such Entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrant, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Parties and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives, agents and employees, from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly from: 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein; or 2) participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities.
16. ARBITRATION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstake, Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstake, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Entrant’s residence; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstake), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstake, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA without regard to California’s choice of law rules.
17. WINNERS LIST: To obtain an official list of the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope to: NorthOne FW 2021 Share & Earn Sweepstakes List (May 2nd, 2022 - June 2nd, 2022), NorthOne, PO Box 417, San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests must be received by June 2nd, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
18. OFFICIAL RULES: If you would like a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: FW 2021 Share & Earn Sweepstakes Official Rules (May 2nd, 2022 - June 2nd, 2022), NorthOne, Inc., 18 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011. Requests received after the close of the Sweepstake Period will not be honored.
This Sweepstake is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by The Bancorp Bank.
NorthOne is a financial technology company, and not a bank.
Banking services are provided by The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.
The NorthOne Mastercard® Small Business Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.